Sweet Yam Salad
- 3 cups yams, peeled and shredded
- 1 sweet apple, chopped
- 1 cup peaches, diced (or pineapple)
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped (or walnuts)
- 1/4 cup raisins (I use golden ones)
- 1/2 cup soaked almonds (or dehydrated ones)
- 1-2 Tbls agave
- 2 Tbls fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbls lemon zest
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, rough chopped - added in last
In a food processor fitted with the shredding blade, shred the yams, switch to the "S" blade and add the apples. Pulse to blend. Then add peaches and pecans and pulse a little more. Don't mix too much or the mixture will turn to mush. Set this mixture aside in a large mixing bowl and add the raisins.
In an high-speed blender (Vitamix or similar) combine remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour over mixture in the bowl.
Add the additional chopped almonds and mix well. Serve chilled
It's nice to use seasonal fruit -- i.e. persimmons in fall/winter.