Yield: approximately 30 cubes
- 1 cup sesame seeds - un-hulled - (soaked, sprouted, dehydrated) - see notes below
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (soaked, sprouted, dehydrated)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (soaked, sprouted, dehydrated)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 cup carob powder (or cacao powder or 1/2 of each)
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup agave (or honey)
- 1 cup almond butter
In a large bowl, mix together seeds, carob, raisins, coconut and cinnamon.
Agave and Honey are best melted to blend: Heat water and pour into bowl, in smaller bowl put the agave and almond butter and float on top of hot water to melt and blend. Pour into other ingredients and mix together (with your hands is easiest).
Press into 8x8 inch pan.
Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
Cut into 1 inch cubes.
Store in refrigerator for up to 1 month, or freeze.
Seeds are soaked 6 hours, sprouted 1 day, dehydrated. You can use them un-soaked but remember we want to release the enzyme inhibitor from them and do this by soaking. In addition they become easier to digest and more nutritious if they are soaked, sprouted and dehydrated before using.
Raw Cacao can be substituted for carob, or try 1/2 and 1/2 cacao and carob
Vanilla 1/2 tsp