- 1 bunch Curly Kale
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (you can soak 4-6 hours, but you don't have to)
- 1 small red bell pepper (or 1/2 a large one)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- Splash of Nama Shoyu
- Cayenne to taste if you like
Cut or break the curly Kale into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
Mix remaining ingredients in an high-speed blender (Vitamix or similar) until smooth. Pour over Kale pieces and massage with your hands until sauce is well incorporated over Kale pieces.
Spread out pieces on to trays for dehydrator, with grid sheets only, and dehydrate until crispy.
Nama Shoyu (a raw product) or Tamari (wheat free) can be used and are a more healthy soy sauce.
Nutritional Yeast adds the 'cheesy flavor' to recipes.