Mexican Wraps (variation)
Yield: 3 1/4 cups of mixture or 10-13 6-inch wraps
- 2 cups chopped orange, yellow, or red bell pepper -- or a combination
- 2 cups peeled and chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup pitted and finely chopped dates (optional)
- 2 Tablespoon Irish moss paste or equivalent amount of kelp noodles
- 1 Tablespoon tomato powder
- 2 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Mexican Spice Blend (see recipe p 21)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 Tablespoon psyllium
- 1/4 cup flax meal (golden flax preferred, only for color)
Place peppers, zucchini, dates, Irish moss (or kelp noodles), tomato powder, nutritional yeast, spice blend, salt and pepper in a high speed blender in the order of ingredients listed and blend until smooth.
While blades are turning slowly, add avocado, psyllium and flax meal and continue blending only to mix together.
Rawsome Rounds Template
Using a paraflexx lined dehydrator tray place 1/4 cup measure of mixture for each 6 inch tortilla and spread evenly (about 1/8 inch thick) forming 4 circles for wraps on each paraflexx sheet.
Continue this process for the remaining amount of the mixture.
Place finished trays in the dehydrator and dehydrate at 115 degrees for 3-4 hours or until firm to the touch.
Flip wraps and remove paraflexx sheet. Continue to dehydrate wraps at 105 degrees until dehydrated all the way through yet still flexible and pliable -- about 5-6 more hours.
Allow to cool all the way through before storing.
Wraps can be stored in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to one week.